Chloramine is a mixture of Chlorine and Ammonia and is now used by water treatment plants in 20% of the U.S. for disinfecting tap water. Standard RO systems will not remove chloramine from your water. If your household water supply contains chloramine we recommend installing one of our add-on chloramine removal units into your current RO system. If you are unsure your city uses chloramine, you may call your water treatment facility or city public works department and ask. They can usually provide you with a water quality report as well. The Aquatic Life Chloramine Removal Canister System includes 1 or 2 ChloraGuard Solid Catalytic Carbon Block cartridges and is ideal for chloramine removal in all standard reverse osmosis systems made by Aquatic Life and all other manufacturers such as Kent Marine, Seachem, Spectrapure, Coralife and any RO or RO/DI units that use standard 10” cartridges. The ChloraGuard 5-Micron Solid Catalytic Carbon Block cartridge removes chlorine, chloramine, taste & odor, and dissolved organic solids from your water. Units include Filter Housing Wrench and 5 ft. of Yellow and Blue 1/4" Tubing. Maximum incoming water pressure 80 PSI. Items 330322 (Single Cartridge), 330321 (Two Cartridges).
To connect the Two Cartridge Unit in a 3-Stage RO System:
- Transfer your Sediment pre-filter cartridge into the single canister provided.
- Discard your current Carbon Block, and place the Two ChloraGuard cartridges in the two empty canisters on your system.
- Use the provided tubing to connect the single canister with Sediment pre-filter to the beginning of your system.
- Connect the water supply feed line to the canister containing the Sediment pre-filter.
The ChloraGuard Solid Catalytic Carbon Block Chloramine Removal Filter Cartridge is unsurpassed for removing Chloramine in municipal water supplies that are disinfected with Chloramine. More and more water treatment plants have turned to Chloramine as an alternative to straight chlorine - Chloramine is a combination of Chlorine and Ammonia. Unlike straight Chlorine, which can be removed fairly easily, Chloramine remains in the water longer and is much more difficult to remove. FX ChloraGuard filter cartridges offer a unique carbon blend that delivers exceptionally low pressure drop, high dirt holding capacity, and excellent contaminant reduction. For Kent Marine, Seachem, Spectrapure, and all RO or RO/DI units that use standard 10" cartridges. We have tested replacement cartridges from all manufacturers and believe ours are the best quality available. NOTE: We recommend all carbon cartridges are rinsed prior to use to remove any carbon dust that may be present during cartridge filling and shipping. Item 330399.
- 1-Micron. No release of carbon fines. Usable temperature range 40 degrees to 100 degrees F.
- Exceptionally low pressure drop.
- Manufactured from NSF Standard 61 Certified Carbon.
- WQA and NSF certified and validated.
- Chloramine = Chlorine + Ammonia. Regular Filter Carbon Media removes ONLY the Chlorine in tap water.
- Ammonia is Toxic to Fish, Corals and Aquatic Plants. Our Carbon Cartridge Removes Chlorine + Ammonia.
Chloramine Cartridge Reduction Capacity:
> 3,400 gallons @ 0.5 gallons per minute
> 12,920 litres @ 1.9 litres per minute
- Additional Info
YouTube Video URL No Specifications No